Family Voices of Minnesota Connecting Hearts, Raising Voices: A State-Wide Family Conference
Please join us on Saturday, May 19, 2018 for Family Voices of Minnesota’s Connecting Hearts and Raising Voices Conference. The goals of this free conference for families of children and youth with special health care needs and/or disabilities is to provide practical tools, skills and information that will assist families in advocating for their children’s and families needs.
The conference will be held at the Doubletree by Hilton, Minneapolis North, 2200 Freeway Blvd. Minneapolis, MN 554430.
The conference theme is family-centered care and topics at the conference will include:
- Medicaid and Waiver Programs
• Medical Home/Care Coordination and Care Planning
• The IEP Process/School Advocacy
• Family Advocacy/Leadership: Advocating for your Child/Telling your Story/Impacting Programs and Policies
• Mental Health/Behavioral Health
• Self-Care/Family Care
• Transition from Pediatrics to Adult: Healthcare/Education/Employment/